Monday, 3 March 2014

Using Systems Capacity Data for Business Intelligence - Implementation (8 of 9)

Now that we have our requirements the last step is implementation and deliverables, which I’ll take a look at today.

Implementation
Determine what software and services are needed
Of course you will not be surprised that I have selected athene® as my software. Its multi-platform capabilities and Integrator feature (which will allow me to import any time-series numeric data from “hard to reach” data sources)will provide me with all the data I need for reporting, trending, alerting and modelling purposes.
 Formally define deliverables
                                                                      Dashboard                         
                                                                       

Analysis

Advice



                                                                     Virtualization



                                                                         Trending


Business


Modeling        



Modeling        




The next step will be to:
•       Get the software solution implemented
•       Architect deliverables with selected software and services
•       Automate as much of the process as possible

..............and check that what you have architected is actually working.
The final part of my blog series on Friday will take a brief look at Return on Investment and I’ll share  some final thoughts with you.

Dale Feiste
Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment