Wednesday 17 April 2013

Some additions to the blog...

For going on 3 years, we've regularly posted to our Capacity Management blog.  I'm quite proud of what we've done up to this point.  Some highlights:

We've posted a number of blog series that received great feedback.  Here are some of my favorites.  I'll include the months in case you want to find them:

  • Too Many Servers, Not Enough Eyes (January 2011)
  • What Do They Really Want to Know (July/August 2011)
  • Capacity Management in a Can (September / October 2011)
  • VMware vSphere - Avoiding an Internal Storm (October / November 2011)
  • The Changing Face of Capacity Management (January 2012)
  • Mind the Gap (April 2012)
  • Using Systems Capacity Data for Business Intelligence (July 2012)
  • Five Trends in Capacity Management (August 2012)
  • vSphere vs. Hyper-V Performance Showdown (September 2012)
  • Capacity Management: Guided Practitioner Satnav/GPS (January/February 2013)

All told, we've posted over 250 times to the blog since it was started.  With the start of Metron's new year in April, we'll be expanding the use of the blog in a few ways:

(1) I'll be posting regular thoughts about the direction of Capacity Management -- if I see a great article, if I hear someone give a great paper, if I have something that's more than 140 characters to say (if it's less, I'll probably send out a tweet instead) I'll probably post it to the blog.

That reminds me -- if you're reading this and you're not a subscriber, you should probably subscribe to the blog.  I use an RSS reader to ensure that I get all of the updates and you can also choose to receive email notifications of updates.

While you're at it, follow us on Twitter (@metronathene), like us on Facebook, subscribe to The Capacity Management Channel on YouTube, and follow our LinkedIn company page.  Each of these outlets is best suited for different content and styles and we'll be communicating with you in all of these ways this year.

(2) I'll be asking my colleagues to do the same.  Metron has some incredibly talented and experienced people in the area of Capacity Management and it's my plan to start asking them to write when they see, hear, or learn something interesting that they want to pass along.

(3) We read other blogs and articles, too!  We'll use the blog (and other social media) to link to articles we find interesting and educational.  Feel free to send me anything you think is worthy of being linked or posted here.  You can comment on the blog or email me at rich.fronheiser@metron-athene.com.

The usual great content and blog series will continue as well moving forward.  Metron and its people have had a lot of great interactions and experiences in its 27 years of existence and we're always excited to be talking, blogging, and tweeting about Capacity Management, so stay tuned.

Rich Fronheiser
Chief Marketing Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment