Virtualization has thrown us a lot of curve balls when it comes to forecasting. It’s a compact environment with a smaller footprint which reduces your IT costs.
It always throws up the questions how much more can I fit? How much headroom do I have?Headroom
What is the Correct Technique?
This is the big question and which technique you choose is dependent on:
• What the end-user is expecting.
• Which technique gives you the best result for the question/s that have been asked.
• How much time you have to produce a result.
To summarize my series in a few words you need to:
• Understand what the forecast is to accomplish.
• Know what enterprise standards dictate.
• Ensure you have as much business and technical information as possible.
• Trend when trends make sense.
• Have a repeatable process.
• Document process and assumptions.
I hope you've enjoyed my series and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.
I'll be running a webinar 'Why do we model in the UK, monitor in Japan, and manage in the USA?' - don't forget to register for your place now.