Wednesday 13 April 2011

speaking at CMG events in Ohio and Canada

I’ll be speaking at CMG events in Ohio and Canada this year on the subjects of Cloud Computing, Capacity Management and Virtualization.
My first appearance will be at the Canada Computer Measurement Group conference taking place in Toronto April 19-20 where I’ll be presenting ‘VMware Capacity Management - Now the Dust is Settling’

Most organizations have been through their first one or two virtualization cycles by now, leaving them asking ‘Now what do we do with it?’  It’s been a wild ride rolling the technology out, as it’s so easy to implement. Now our major clients are having to think about how to make it right as it becomes central to on-going business infrastructure, and that’s where our experience and knowledge in capacity management, plus our athene® software can help.
For those of you attending you’ll have the opportunity to hear more from me as I’m also doing a second session at the same event, ‘VMware vSphere - Avoiding an Internal Storm’

This one gives an insight into how to manage internal Cloud Services in a VMware vSphere environment. Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) offers many threats to on-going business support from a capacity perspective, as well as many benefits.  I’ll be showing how the threats can be managed to ensure a smooth transition and ongoing service utilizing vSphere and Cloud together.

My second appearance (I’m beginning to feel like a rock star!) will be at the Ohio Valley Computer Measurement Group meeting on May 12 where I’ll be covering Cloud Computing and Capacity Management.
I think it’s pertinent to discuss what it will be realistic for the capacity manager to provide to the business in this complex world of interacting services and this will be the focus of my talk.
I hope to catch up with some of you on my travels and hear your views on these areas - if not you can always come along to some of our free webinars which cover similar topics or leave me your comments.
Charles Johnson
Principal Consultant


.




No comments:

Post a Comment